Route & Schedule Improvements
PLEASE NOTE THAT ADJUSTMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE SCHEDLES/ROUTES SINCE THE IMPLEMENTATION ON 3/6/22 AND YOU SHOULD VISIT VIEW THE FILES BELOW FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION. THE SCHEDULES & ROUTES PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE NEW CHANGES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON 6/5/22.
In 2019, CityLink completed a detailed study of its entire bus system, called CityLink on the Move. The study reviewed current routes, schedules, and ridership. CityLink also gathered feedback from the community through a rider survey, outreach at the transit center, and several public meetings.
The outcome of the study was a five-year plan to improve and expand bus service. Implementation of CityLink on the Move recommendations were planned for September 2020 but delayed due to COVID-19.
ROUTE AND SCHEDULE CHANGES
In November 2021, City held five in-person public meetings at various locations and two virtual public meetings to receive rider feedback on proposed route and schedule changes. After listening to riders and adjusting proposals, CityLink is preparing to implement several route and schedule improvements on March 6, 2022.
Improved route changes include:
- Faster, more direct service
- Better access to grocery stores and employment centers
- More service in high-ridership neighborhoods
A high-resolution version of the route network/system map can also be download here:
- Route Network/System Map – Effective 6/5/2022
View the proposed individual route maps here:
- CityLink Individual Route Maps – Effective 6/5/2022
View the proposed individual route schedules here:
- CityLink Individual Route Schedules/Times – Effective 6/5/2022
View full bus route stops list here:
- Bus Route Stops List – Effective 6/5/2022
View the Rider’s Guide files
- Full Rider’s Guide Inside Pages – Effective 6/5/2022
- Sunday Service Rider’s Guide Pages – Effective 6/5/2022
Transit Center Layout – Effective 3/6/2022
Schedule changes include:
- More frequent midday service on Routes 1, 7, 10, 13, and 20
- More frequent service on all routes between 5-6 p.m.
- Later service on Routes 3, 4, 7, 8, and 11
- After 6 p.m., all routes improved from 75 to 60-minute service
- Increased Sunday Service
VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING RECORDINGS
If you have questions or comments related to the service changes or the CityLink on the Move project, please call CityLink at 309-676-4040 or email our Assistant Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.