Tips & Resources
Greater Peoria Mass Transit District Sustainability Facts
- 46 Gillig diesel-powered fixed route buses
- 4 New Flyer Xcelsior diesel-electric powered hybrid fixed route buses
- 3 Proterra Catalyst battery-electric powered fixed route buses
- 36 demand response paratransit (CityLift) vehicles and 12 rural transportation paratransit (CountyLink) vehicles
- Fleet uses B20 biodiesel, a blend of 20% biodiesel and 80% ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel, year-round.
- Use of B20 biodiesel fuel has reduced emissions equivalent to planting an estimated 134,000 trees.
- Transit Center facility selected by Illinois Solar for All Program and GPMTD has partnered with Hawk-Attollo, LLC. to develop a plan to install solar panels on the facility’s canopy roof.
- Construction project for new and existing facilities includes solar energy Photovoltaic (PV) power generation system. This project is expected to be completed in December 2023.
- Plans to replace 46 aging diesel-powered buses with 2 diesel-powered buses and 3 battery-electric buses annually for 5 years starting in FY 2023.
- Plans to establish micro-transit service in under-served areas and bike share program.