The Greater Peoria Mass Transit District ADA Committee is hosting its 2nd Annual ADA WOW! Celebration & Resource Fair on July 26, 2023 to celebrate the 33rd anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and offer valuable resources to the local ADA community!
- DATE: Wednesday, July 26, 2023
- TIME: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- LOCATION: Peoria Civic Center
- 201 SW Jefferson Ave, Peoria, IL
- Exhibit Hall C
- EVENT INFO:
This page will be updated once there is a comprehensive list of the participating vendors.
Participating Resources/Vendors in 2022:
- Advocates for Access
- Central Illinois Agency on Aging
- Central Illinois Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Community Workshop and Training Center (CWTC)
- Camp Big Sky
- Easter Seals Central Illinois (Unable to attend the event, but planned to)
- Greater Peoria Mass Transit District (CityLink)
- CityLink electric bus
- Illinois Assistive Technology Program
- Illinois Central College Access Services
- Just Like You
- Transdev (CityLift & CountyLink services)
- CityLift & CountyLink vehicles
- Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
- We Hear You
Visit the CityLink Facebook page to view photos from this year’s event and the CityLink YouTube playlist below to see interviews from all of the participating vendors from the 2022 event.
The Greater Peoria Mass Transit District (GPMTD) hosted a special event on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at the Peoria Public Library Main Branch called the ADA WOW! Discovering & Learning Session. This event was intended to provide the local ADA community with important information on how to effectively use the transportation services provided by the GPMTD. It featured information on all three services – CityLink fixed route bus service, CityLift paratransit service, and CountyLink rural transportation service – and included sharing updates to the GPMTD Paratransit Rider’s Guide, how to apply for CityLift service and the review process/timeline, how to purchase bus passes/tickets and a review of using the CityLink website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.