CityLink Looks Ahead to Exciting Things to Come in 2021
As we begin to look forward to the new year, we can’t help but be excited by several projects that are underway or upcoming for CityLink/GPMTD. While 2020 has been a challenging year, 2021 is looking bright!
Below is a list of some of the projects that are in motion:
Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Solutions
Project underway and awarded to Avail Technologies and includes:
- Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) Software – Real-time bus tracking
- If you’d like to take a look at the myStop® app in advance, it is available to download in the Apple Store & Google Play Store
- Automatic Voice Annunciation (AVA) Software
- Automatic Passenger Counters (APC) Software
Collison Avoidance System Project
Project underway and awarded to ROSCO Collison Avoidance
- This software increases awareness and safety for the driver and motorists around the vehicle to help avoid collisions.
Dispatching Software for Paratransit (CityLift/CountyLink) Vehicles
Project underway and awarded to Ecolane
- The functionality of this software will enable CityLift/CountyLink to have mobile fare collection, self-scheduling, and application availability.
Bus Maintenance and Operations Facilities Construction Project
Phase II of the design with A&E firm Muller and Muller is currently in progress
- Construction expected to begin in spring/summer 2021
Solar Panel Roof Project at Transit Center
CityLink plans to partner on this project with Hawk-Attollo, LLC. as the solar development partner and Central Road Energy, LLC. as the approved vendor
- The Transit Center roof has been selected by the Illinois Solar for All (ILSFA) Program for the 2020-2021 program year in the Non-Profit/Public Facilities sub-program.
- Prep work for this project is currently underway and it is expected to be completed in 2021.
Implementation of CityLink on the Move Service Improvement Plan
- In 2019, CityLink completed a detailed study of its entire bus system, called CityLink on the Move.
- The study reviewed current routes, schedules, and ridership.
- CityLink also gathered feedback from the community through a rider survey, outreach at the transit center, and several public meetings.
- The outcome of the study was a five-year plan to improve and expand bus service.
- CityLink plans to begin implementing the service improvement plan in 2021.
- View proposed maps and more information on the CityLink on the Move page of this website.
New Electric Proterra Buses
- Expected to receive the charging system, battery lease, and three new buses in spring/summer 2021.
You must be logged in to post a comment.