New Construction Project Update – September 2021
New Paint/Body Shop at CityLink Facilities is Phase A of This Project
Construction work has continued on the new paint/body shop, which is Phase A of the new maintenance and administrative facilities construction project for CityLink. Progress with the new building is coming along and the crew from River City Construction has been drilling tie backs and testing them. Now that they are completed, they have started excavation and installation of the lagging.
Excavation of footings started this week, and the crew will start pouring foundations next week. Once the foundations get going, a lot of exciting things start happening. They are also going to start working on the overhead gas piping installation in the existing maintenance building. While it is getting installed, they will also start cutting the ditches across the back drive lane to the new rear building where the utilities will tie in. This work will take the crew through the next 4 weeks.
Below is reminder of the list of phases for the new construction:
- Phase A – Rear Building (Paint and Body Shop)
- Final Completion Expected April 14, 2022
- Phase B – Admin/Maintenance Shop & Visitor Parking
- OFB – Early Bid Packages – 1st week of August
- Possible September Board Award
- Remaining Bid Packages – End of August/1st of September
- October/November Board Award
- Demo of 1978 Building – April/May of 2022
- 1 year for site & building construction phase – April/May of 2023
- Phase C – South Storage Building Renovation
- OFB – possible October of 2022
- Phase D – Annex
As construction continues, updates will be made on the progress through our website and YouTube channel.