New Construction Project Update – October 2021
New Paint/Body Shop at CityLink Facilities is Phase A of This Project
Construction work has continued on the new paint/body shop, which is Phase A of the new maintenance and administrative facilities construction project for CityLink. Dries, and ANJ Electrical have been on-site running overhead mechanicals in the South building. Dries opened up the NE Corner of the South building to get underground utilities started on Thursday of this week.
The recent weather has put a damper on the scheduled tasks, and the crew at River City Construction should have been completing the remainder of the footings this week, and the structural steel was supposed to start on November 3. With all of the rain, they have lost a few days on the concrete footing pours, so they have to push the structural steel to the week of November 8. The main portion of the steel should take a couple weeks and then the bar joists and decking will follow. Roofing is scheduled for the end of this year. They are hoping for a few sunny days to get things dried up so they keep moving forward with the project.
You will find photos below that were taken the week of October 18, 2021.
Below is reminder of the list of phases for the new construction:
- Phase A – Rear Building (Paint and Body Shop)
- Final Completion Expected April 14, 2022
- Phase B – Admin/Maintenance Shop & Visitor Parking
- October/November Board Award
- Demo of 1978 Building – April/May of 2022
- 1 year for site & building construction phase – April/May of 2023
- Phase C – South Storage Building Renovation
- OFB – possible October of 2022
- Phase D – Annex
As construction continues, updates will be made on the progress through our website and YouTube channel.