CityLink Officially Unveils Three New Battery-Electric Buses on Sept. 8, 2021
CityLink hosted an event on September 8, 2021 at their facilities located at 2105 NE Jefferson Avenue in Peoria to officially unveil its three new Proterra battery-electric buses. Several dignitaries attended the event, and remarks were made by CityLink General Manager Doug Roelfs, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, U.S. Representative Darin LaHood, U.S. Representative Cheri Bustos, NRDC’s (Natural Resources Defense Council) Selena Kyle on behalf of the Edwards settlement plaintiffs and community partners and Proterra founder Dale Hill.
At the beginning of the event, the Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce and Proterra also hosted a unique ribbon cutting with one of the buses breaking a banner that served as the ribbon. Below is a video recapping the electric bus unveiling event on September 8, 2021.
CityLink Proterra Electric Bus Facts
- All three buses are 35-foot Proterra Catalyst® battery-electric buses
- Designed and manufactured in the United States
- Feature zero tailpipe emissions
- Save approximately 230,000 pounds of greenhouse gases annually when replacing a diesel bus
- The purpose-built electric buses further offer:
- Quieter ride for reduced noise pollution
- Greater efficiency
- Lower operating costs with fewer parts compared to combustion engine vehicles
- CityLink Facebook Live Video of the Full Event on 9/8/21
- Full Press Release from the Event on 9/8/21
- Natural Resource Defense Council Blog Post
Please enjoy the photos below from the electric bus event. All photos were taken by Daryl Wilson Photography.
You must be logged in to post a comment.